Thursday, September 18, 2014

Saving the ASO by Burning A Bridge

The last time we sang for Mr. Runnicles here was very recently, the Brahms 'Schicksalslied', in May 2014.  I gave him a Music is On-Going t-shirt that I'd been saving for him since 2012, for which gift -- much appreciated by him --  I got into trouble.  I was told I was on the 'wrong side' ... That I need to 'move  on'.

Mr. Runnicles pretty much sealed his future as persona non grata with the current ASO and WAC boards.  I recognize that he has risked his reputation in order to speak out against the great wrong being done to an orchestra with which he is so intimately connected.  A passionate, generous and articulate man, he was compelled to defend his art ... but my heart says he did it for us.

Thank you, Mr. Runnicles ...


http://www.theguardian.com/music/tomserviceblog/2014/sep/18/the-atlanta-symphony-orchestra-crisis-lockout


No comments:

Post a Comment