Thursday, September 20, 2012

Greetings from Hickville

Hey, everybody.  Sally has asked me to post from the vast uncharted wilds of South Carolina.  I wrote to her this morning with the following:

"I feel so guilty.  You don't think any of this is my fault, do you?  I keep telling myself not to be ridiculous, that this is silly magical thinking, that I am not important enough to figure into Symphony negotiations, BUT . . . it all up and went to hell after I left! :-/

"Anyway, I can't come to the concerts, since I live out of state and all, but I do plan to order a shirt as soon as my first salary check comes.  Thank you for keeping the flame burning, and for keeping even the newly-disenfranchised updated up here in the hinterlands."

I miss y'all, but my heart is there with you.  I'm following the story closely (and I remember the last time, when striking ASO musicians played little impromptu concerts on the streets of ATL--now THAT got attention!  That pre-dated Flash Mobs by many years!).  I can't help feeling that Mr. Shaw's spirit is not going to let this mess deteriorate.  He might have to kick some tail, cosmically speaking.

Love you guys,
Pink Bunny

1 comment:

  1. Hearing you loud and clear, Pam. We miss you kicking butt and taking names.

    ReplyDelete